Many people have different opinions on what the perfect web design Santee looks like. Well, as they say one’s idea about a website is the worst idea to another person. The design of your site is what makes it successful. The following are tips on how to improve your website designs.
Make site speed an absolute priority
Research has proven that the site speed matters significantly. A good website should not take more than 2 seconds to load. Most websites consume large amounts of data and take a long time to load. For quicker loading, a web designer Santee needs to use techniques that minimize the size of web files without affecting the quality. This is more so when it comes to images. To create a website that is successful, you must strive to speed up the load speed. Visitors should also not be required to click so much to get what is promised. Remember that your target audience are pressed for time. Don’t be the person that wastes their time.
Take advantage of hick’s law
This law states that the more choices an individual has, the longer they take to make a decision. With that in mind, you can be able to boost your conversions with clients by simply limiting the choice you give them. Here are a few examples of some of the things you should do:
- Reduce the number of items in the menu
- Limit form fields
- Focus on one call to action
- Only display social buttons for networks you are active on
- Stick on one goal per page
Keep it simple
Studies have shown that visitors don’t like visual complexity. This means that the more complicated your web design Santee is the less attention your visitors are likely to give it. The following are some ideas you can use to keep your website simple:
- Rethink the sidebar – visitors expect a one column design. This means less distractions and the content is clearly focused.
- Stick to standard layouts – most people love to familiarize themselves with site designs and will get weird with unfamiliar layouts. For this matter, it can be good to stick with familiar design layouts.
Use people in pictures
Humans like to interact with other people in real life as well as on the web. With that in mind, it is a great idea to include people’s images on your website. This increases your conversions to a higher percentage. If you are going to use images, make sure they are genuine and real. Start by taking photos of your staff or customers.